Hi,

In
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/#/c/16431/

I have added support for ipaddress objects for API calls that use one of the
following types:
vl_api_address_t, vl_api_ip4_address, vl_api_ip6_address_t, vl_api_prefix_t,
vl_api_ip4_prefix_t,
vl_api_ip6_prefix_t

The calls will still support the dictionary ({‘af’: ADDRESS_IP, ‘un’: { ‘ip4’:
<binary string>}},
but now also accepts strings, like ‘2001:db8::/32’ or ipaddress objects like
IPv6Network()

That is all backwards compatible.
But I also return ipaddress objects in return values. That is not backwards
compatible, and can currently be disabled per API by including the
'_no_type_conversion’:True argument.

Anyone see problems with this? I could alternatively default to off. Or I could
provide a completely new set of API function wrappers with this behaviour…

cheers,
Ole