Damjan,

On 1/30/19 3:29 PM, Damjan Marion via Lists.Fd.Io wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Anybody can help with understanding why opensuse jobs are failing with:
>
> *13:54:57*
> /w/workspace/vpp-verify-master-osleap15/build-root/rpmbuild/BUILD/vpp-19.04/src/plugins/nsim/nsim.c:620:1:
>  fatal error: error writing to /tmp/ccJaw6Cw.s: Cannot allocate memory
> *13:54:57*  };
> *13:54:57*  ^
> *13:54:57* compilation terminated.
>

> *13:54:57* gcc-7: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1)
> *13:54:57* Please submit a full bug report,
> *13:54:57* with preprocessed source if appropriate.
> *13:54:57* See <http://bugs.opensuse.org/> for instructions.
This to me looks like an infrastructure issue.
If it was a problem with the distro / setup it would have happened all
the time whilst things were pretty stable over the past months...

> Also, how we can avoid in future that people need to deal with this kind
> of issues?
I am not sure how to answer this question.

> Personally I don't see lot of value in compiling VPP agains every single
> distro on the planet in each verify job,
> but i'm fine with that as long as things are stable and not PITA for
> people trying to get patch verified....
Are you suggesting to remove openSUSE builds from Jenkins for VPP?

Beside, I see verify jobs are passing now. Has anything been done in the
meantime or all started to work auto-magically?

> --
> Damjan

Marco Varlese, Architect Developer Technologies, SUSE Labs
SUSE LINUX GmbH | GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg) Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409, Nürnberg