As stated by Dave, if you are doing L2 forwarding by putting the VM interfaces
into a bridge domain, it will forward packets based on destination MAC address
and would not be affected by ethertype nor L3/L4 headers.   -John

From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Dave Barach via
Lists.Fd.Io
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2019 7:25 AM
To: Eyle Brinkhuis <eyle.brinkh...@surfnet.nl>; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io; John Lo
(loj) <l...@cisco.com>
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] Support for non TCP traffic

If the idea is simply to flood and/or forward at L2 these ethertypes, there’s a
decent chance you won’t have to do anything beyond bridge configuration. If you
want to process them (e.g. in a plugin), a call to
ethernet_register_input_type(...) will deliver the goods to your code.

Copying John Lo, our L2 path expert...

HTH... Dave