Hi Andrew,

Our custom plugin will receive these rules per each session from an external
entity.
The number of sessions may go into millions.

Yes, as you rightly said, these are rules are very dynamic in nature and these
will be added and deleted with addition of session and it's deletion
respectively.
The main reason for looking at ACLs for this scenario is:
VPP ACL framework has IP/prefixlength and port ranges built-in supported.
These range constructs are not built-in with VPP Classfier plugin
infrastructure.
If we have to use VPP classifiers, we might need to do lot of work in
converting the ranges into different classifier tables and sessions.

Not sure, which one really works for us ( ACLs vs Classifiers)
Can you please let us know, what would be the issue if we use ACLs with:
(1) millions of rules
(2) High number of adds/delete operation of ACL rules

Appreciate your inputs on this.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Murthy