Hi Florin,

>As explained above, as long as the sender is faster, this will happen. Still,
>out of curiosity, can you try this [1] to see if it changes linux’s behavior
>in any way? Although, I suspect the linux’s window probe timer, after a zero
>window, is not smaller than min rto (which is the 200 ms you’re seeing).
>
>[1]  https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/20830/

Unfortunately, nothing has changed [1].

>Therefore, is the data read by the application much faster or is the
>advertised rcv window unrelated to the amount of data buffered? Obviously, if
>the latter, the actual buffer is larger than what you’ve configured. Also,
>does mtcp act as proxy in this case as well?

The mtcp application works as a simple wget client.

The problem is not that we are slowly sending data, but that we are slowly
receiving data from the Linux stack, causing it to pause for 0.2 seconds. At
the same time, vpp reports errors like “Segment not in the receive window”.

[1] https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pC8yeQyldyysuloSc8rulhVC9Y0xs-Qr

--
Max A.