Hi all,

I am running VPP as a gateway and am using NAT44.

*vpp.conf*

set int state TenGigabitEthernet8/0/0 up
set int state GigabitEthernet2/0/0 up
set int state GigabitEthernet3/0/0 up

set int ip address TenGigabitEthernet8/0/0 72.77.156.155/29
ip route add 0.0.0.0/0 via 72.77.156.158

loopback create
set int l2 bridge loop0 1 bvi
set int ip address loop0 10.155.6.1/24
set int state loop0 up

set int l2 bridge GigabitEthernet2/0/0 1
set int l2 bridge GigabitEthernet3/0/0 1

nat44 add interface address TenGigabitEthernet8/0/0
set interface nat44 in loop0 out TenGigabitEthernet8/0/0

*With Simple NAT*

startup.conf

nat {
  translation hash buckets 1048576
  max translations per user 500
}

When translations for a user hit 500, old connections are being dropped as
new connections are being established. Guess this is working as it's
supposed to.

But it's reaching max limit and I have to restart VPP

NAT44 pool addresses:
72.77.156.158
  tenant VRF independent
  16747 busy udp ports
  64511 busy tcp ports
  798 busy icmp ports

As you can, tcp port number is 64k.

*With Endpoint-dependent NAT*

startup.conf

nat {
  translation hash buckets 1048576
  max translations per user 500
  endpoint-dependent
}

I am receiving below message:
nat: max translations per user 10.1.6.47
nat: create NAT session failed

When translations for a user hit 500, no new connections are being
established. Until, some old connections are closed and I refresh my
browser to establish new connection. Guess this is working as intended also.

How can set VPP as gateway to support large number of devices behind NAT?

Thanks!