+1

Access point is 99.999% certainly bridging and if it doesn’t (e.g. openwrt
router config) the comment from Dave stands.

There are very corner cases scenarios that I vaguely remember like in cable
space (IIRC, don’t take it for granted/true) to limit the broadcast domain
without really splitting the subnet, but it is all very hackety hack :)

A bit more description about the original use case would be interesting in any
case.

--a