Hi,
   We are testing SR Proxy in VPP. Topology we are using is something like this
: -

Host 3 (implementing SR Proxy) directly connected to Host 4 (SR Unaware) via
two interfaces GigabitEthernet0/9/0 (acting as OIF) and GigabitEthernet0/a/0
(acting as IIF).

Issue 1 : We can’t see decapsulated packet going to Host 4 via
GigabitEthernet0/9/0 when next hop is an IPv6 address (using encap mode)

When we configured a End.AD segment using the command :

sr localsid address 2001:db8:1:c5:1:: behavior end.ad<http://end.ad> nh
2001:5b0:4321::121 oif GigabitEthernet0/9/0 iif GigabitEthernet0/a/0

where 2001:5b0:4321::121 is the interface IPv6 IP of Host 4 which is directly
connected to Host 3’s GigabitEthernet0/9/0. Here, we don’t see any decapsulated
IPv4 packet going to Host 4 via GigabitEthernet0/9/0.

Whereas, if we execute the command :

sr localsid address 2001:db8:1:c5:1:: behavior end.ad<http://end.ad> nh
112.112.112.162oif GigabitEthernet0/9/0 iif GigabitEthernet0/a/0

where 112.112.112.162<http://112.112.112.162> is the interface IPv4 IP of Host
4 which is directly connected to Host 3’s GigabitEthernet0/9/0. Here,
decapsulated IPv4 packet is reaching Host 4 and everything works fine.

Issue 2 : When using inline mode we always get bad traffic for
End.ADimplementation

When we configure a End.AD segment using the command :

sr localsid address 2001:db8:1:c5:1:: behavior end.ad<http://end.ad> nh
2001:5b0:4321::121 oif GigabitEthernet0/9/0 iif GigabitEthernet0/a/0

where 2001:5b0:4321::121 is the interface IP of Host 4 which is directly
connected to Host 3’s GigabitEthernet0/9/0.

When we execute the command :

show sr localsids

We get the following output :

SRv6 - My LocalSID Table:

=========================

Address: 2001:db8:1:c5:1::

Behavior: End.AD (Endpoint with dynamic proxy to SR-unaware appliance)

Next-hop: 2001:5b0:4321::121

Outgoing iface: GigabitEthernet0/9/0

Incoming iface: GigabitEthernet0/a/0

Good rewrite traffic: [0 packets : 0 bytes]

Bad rewrite traffic: [2291 packets : 166136 bytes]

Good traffic: [0 packets : 0 bytes]

Bad traffic: [775 packets : 136400 bytes]

--------------------

Are we missing out anything in the configuration part for the above issues?

Thanks and Regards,
Chinmaya Agarwal.

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and all of its contents, contains
information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If
you are not the intended recipient or may have received this electronic mail
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete /
destroy all copies of this electronic mail transmission without disclosing,
copying, distributing, forwarding, printing or retaining any part of it. Hughes
Systique accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of
the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus.