Hi,

at EMnify we are working to extend GTPU support with features required
in mobile networks.  According to GTPU specification, if a received packet
doesn't match an existing tunnel (unknown DIP+TEID), error indication is
sent back.  When an error indication is received, we have to tell the control
plane so that it can take action.

Using existing interface state change notifications looks promising.
Is it appropriate to report a stale tunnel via LINK DOWN event, or should we
rather implement a brand-new notification?

Concerning interface state change notifications, I am somewhat puzzled how
to use it properly. Event structure is defined as follows:

define sw_interface_event
{
u32 client_index;
u32 pid;
vl_api_interface_index_t sw_if_index;
vl_api_if_status_flags_t flags;
bool deleted;
};

enum if_status_flags
{
IF_STATUS_API_FLAG_ADMIN_UP = 1,
IF_STATUS_API_FLAG_LINK_UP = 2,
};

I would expect flags to reflect the current interface state, however it is not
the case.
Toggling admin up state will deliver events with flags set to ADMIN_UP or 0.
Toggling link up state will deliver events with flags set to LINK_UP or 0.

It is not possible to tell on the client side whether the link went down (flags
= 0), or
if the interface was brought down administratively (flags = 0).

Any pointers?

Best,