From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of mauricio.solisjr
via lists.fd.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2020 7:47 AM
To: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: [vpp-dev] VPP + iOAM + DPDK + eBPF and packet samples #vpp

Hi,
I'm wondering if FDio has the following capabilities, I've also added my
current understanding of each:

I'm working on obtaining telemetry information for a certain type of traffic,
but due to computation power, we'd like to add telemetry to every 1000th
packet.  I understand that we can add telemetry for traffic based on traffic
class, flow label, source/destination addr, or protocol.  I believe you can
also delete classifications at runtime, so I think one way this can be done is
if we add a classifying table + session for a given traffic flow and remove it
every so often.

Another idea is, if it possible to move classification to an eBPF before
getting to the VPP.  I don't think this is possible since vpp bypasses the
kernel, but maybe it we can add our own hooks to vpp???

Does anyone have an example/tutorial for iOAM with IPv4 packets? I know IPv4
needs to be encapsulated, but I have not found any examples for iOAM + IPv4 +
GRE