Some recent changes related to packed enums in the API have broken already
written code for low level API use. I think the main commit that did this was
the one that added __packed__ to the generated enum declaration, but there are
the related changes that add the enum size declarations I guess. Those appear
to be percolating slowly (e.g., in ip_types.api), although version numbers are
not being changed inline (e.g., "enum address_family" went from default u32 to
u8 but the ip_types.api version didn't change)

I understand that the API needs to be able to change, but I'm using like maybe
7 or 8 API calls and I now have conditional code for seemingly every release
since 19.04. It's frustrating.

The project encourages running the latest code by moving support away from old
releases quickly, but then is making it hard to follow with API churn.

That said I would not be being bitten by this particular change I think if I
were using the higher level API; however, I have resisted this b/c that API
with synchronous calls requiring a callback for results is ... inelegant, to
put it nicely. :)

Thanks,
Chris.