Hi Team

Please correct me if I understood wrongly.

I believe, socket-mem inside dpdk { .. } section has been deprecated. Now
in latest VPP release , there is no option to specifying socket-mem
manually. VPP has taken forcefully ownership on platform and allocating
memory from both NUMA socket.

-----

What if I don’t want to share memory from both NUMA socket.  I have one use
case, where  we are running our docker container on different NUMA socket.
VPP is failing when we are trying to bring up on NUMA 1.

-----

With few lines of fixes, we are able to run VPP successfully. If someone
can point me, how to bring up VPP on specific NUMA socket without any
changes in VPP 20.01, it will really appreciated.

//MJ

 *Regards*,
Mrityunjay Kumar.
Mobile: +91 - 9731528504