I used the same arguments that vpp dpdk-config is using, and passed it to the
dpdk-testpmd, with hugepages set to 2M.

$ cat /proc/meminfo | grep -i huge
AnonHugePages:         0 kB
ShmemHugePages:        0 kB
FileHugePages:         0 kB
HugePages_Total:    1024
HugePages_Free:     1024
HugePages_Rsvd:        0
HugePages_Surp:        0
Hugepagesize:       2048 kB
Hugetlb:         2097152 kB

$ sudo dpdk-testpmd -c 1 -n 4 --in-memory --huge-dir /mnt/huge --file-prefix
sst100 -w 0008:01:00.0 --master-lcore 0
EAL: Detected 1 lcore(s)
EAL: Detected 1 NUMA nodes
EAL: Selected IOVA mode 'PA'
EAL: No available hugepages reported in hugepages-32768kB
EAL: No free hugepages reported in hugepages-32768kB
EAL: No available hugepages reported in hugepages-32768kB
EAL: No available hugepages reported in hugepages-64kB
EAL: No free hugepages reported in hugepages-64kB
EAL: No available hugepages reported in hugepages-64kB
EAL: No available hugepages reported in hugepages-1048576kB
EAL: No free hugepages reported in hugepages-1048576kB
EAL: No available hugepages reported in hugepages-1048576kB
EAL: Probing VFIO support...
EAL: PCI device 0008:01:00.0 on NUMA socket -1
EAL:   Invalid NUMA socket, default to 0
EAL:   probe driver: 14e4:16f0 net_bnxt
EAL: Error - exiting with code: 1
  Cause: No cores defined for forwarding
Check the core mask argument