other projects. DPDK and Linux are probably starting points we should consider
IMO.
Jerome

Le 14/07/2020 18:45, « t...@lists.fd.io au nom de Chris Luke »
<t...@lists.fd.io au nom de chris_l...@comcast.com> a écrit :

    It is subjective and contextualized. But in this case, if making the effort
to correct a wrong, why stop half way?

    Chris.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Jerome Tollet
via lists.fd.io
    Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2020 12:37
    To: Steven Luong (sluong) <slu...@cisco.com>; Dave Barach (dbarach)
<dbar...@cisco.com>; Kinsella, Ray <m...@ashroe.eu>; Stephen Hemminger
<step...@networkplumber.org>; vpp-dev@lists.fd.io; t...@lists.fd.io; Ed
Warnicke (eaw) <e...@cisco.com>
    Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [vpp-dev] Replacing master/slave nomenclature

    Hi Steven,
    Please note that per this proposition,
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/7/4/229__;!!CQl3mcHX2A!QdLdxm4rtZW-mFe5jt_qzEpx-_X2KWnqvjyEl-7Py41jsEV7FrnEw0lTNcF8LdfUzQ$
 , slave must be avoided but master can be kept.
    Maybe master/member or master/secondary could be options too.
    Jerome

    Le 14/07/2020 18:32, « vpp-dev@lists.fd.io au nom de steven luong via
lists.fd.io » <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io au nom de sluong=cisco....@lists.fd.io> a
écrit :

        I am in the process of pushing a patch to replace master/slave with
aggregator/member for the bonding.

        Steven

        On 7/13/20, 4:44 AM, "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io on behalf of Dave Barach via
lists.fd.io" <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io on behalf of dbarach=cisco....@lists.fd.io>
wrote:

            +1, especially since our next release will be supported for a year,
and API name changes are involved...