Hi Mauricio,

The hop-by-hop collection and processing of buffer occupancy, queue depth,
transit delays is not implemented.
M-Anycast focused on end to end delay by using timestamp in IOAM.

You could implement these 3 elements into the existing IOAM implementation
without having to update IOAM to the latest. Take a look at
vpp:src/plugins/ioam/lib-trace/trace_util.h, following elements are implemented
for tracing:
  u32 ttl_node_id;
  u16 ingress_if;
  u16 egress_if;
  u32 timestamp;
  u32 app_data;

You can expand it by adding buffer occupancy, queue depth, transit delays.
While Justin and I work on updating the IOAM to latest draft, you are welcome
to work with us and contribute.

Thanks,
Shwetha

On 8/4/20, 6:35 PM, "vpp-dev@lists.fd.io on behalf of Justin Iurman"
<vpp-dev@lists.fd.io on behalf of justin.iur...@uliege.be> wrote:

    Mauricio,

    > Justin,
    >
    > I too am working on my master thesis, but I'm set to finish in December.

    Hmm, I see.

    > Currently, we're looking at video streaming and would like to get
telemetry
    > data for buffer occupancy, queue depth, and transit delays.  VPP seems
the best
    > viable (and free) option for use.

    Indeed. You can already take a look at M-Anycast [1] which combines IOAM
and SRv6. There is a demo with video streaming, so you might be interested.
But, again, this is based on the old IOAM implementation inside VPP. If you
really want or need to refresh the IOAM implem, feel free to contact me in
private and I'll put you in touch with the other student so that you can
collaborate.

    On a side note, I've recently posted a first version of the IOAM patch for
the Linux kernel [2]. So hopefully, it may be available soon in the kernel too
(this one is up-to-date with drafts).

    Justin

        [1] https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/iOAM/tree/master/M-Anycast
        [2] https://www.mail-archive.com/netdev@vger.kernel.org/msg333936.html