That’s a very good point. Looking at vnet_buffer, there seems to be some space
left in it for this case …

  190           struct

  191           {

  192             /* input variables */

  193             struct

  194             {

  195               u32 next_index;   /* index of next node - used by custom
apps */
  196               u32 error_next_index;     /* index of next node if error -
used by custom apps */
  197             };

  198             /* handoff variables */

  199             struct

  200             {

  201               u16 owner_thread_index;

  202             };

  203           };

we could put is_custom flag next to owner_thread_index; and if it is set then
the handoff code would send to ip4-full-reass-custom instead of ip4-full-reass.
We will need a fq_custom_index as well to be able to do that.

this would also be needed for ip6-full and ip4-sv flavours …

would you like to take this or should I write the code?

Thanks,
Klement