Hi Mahdi,

This patch should apply, ACL plugin had not seen much changes recently, but
then you are not running a 20.05 anymore :-)

I would strongly suggest to evaluate on what limitations prevent you from
following the master branch as close as possible and address them. This may
seem daunting, but based on my experience with a dozen or so scenarios,
following master is the most sustainable and flexible approach in the long
term.

With the current API compatibility process that went into action shortly past
20.05, *if* you are using VPP as is, 20.09 should be a ~zero-cost move that you
can evaluate (there are only 2 incompatible APIs in the “production” ones).
(And then when you fix any usage of APIs deprecated in 20.09, 21.01 upgrade in
the future will be similar zero-cost).

If you notice that the upgrade is painful for some reason, this will highlight
the architectural issues/questions that need to be resolved. It’s much better
to do it early and proactively.

—a