Folks,

I am in the process of deploying new docker images produced via automation that I have built [0].  In the README.md file, you will find documentation of the new docker hub repos and tags as well as the corresponding Jenkins labels.

While making changes to deploy the new labels and images, I refactored the vpp CI job naming convention in order to make the VPP job definition file [1] easier to maintain as well as new jobs beginning with the VPP 20.09 release.

I would like to merge the changes in [1] in the next day or two, but one of the side effects of doing so will be to lose the current job build history in the Jenkins UI.  All of the job log files will continue to exist on logs.fd.io but they won't be seen in the Jenkins UI.

The alternative would required a Jenkins shutdown and LF Releng work to copy the job history to the new jobs, then restart Jenkins.  This is not viable until Oct 19 at the earliest during the next LF Releng Maintenance Window.

IMHO, this is not worth the time/effort.  If I don't hear any objections in the next 24 hours, I move forward with the plan to merge [1] without restarting Jenkins.

Thanks,
-daw-

[0] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/ci-management/+/28022
[1] https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/ci-management/+/28960