From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of Elias Rudberg
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 2:13 PM
To: pvi...@vinciconsulting.com; hem...@mnkcg.com
Cc: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io
Subject: Re: [vpp-dev] minor doc change

Hi Hemant,

> I agree with Elias.  Long term, maybe use of gerrit is deprecated and
> github is used.

Perhaps I should clarify that I did not mean to recommend moving VPP to
github. On the contrary, I think it is good that the VPP source code is
managed independently from github and I hope it will stay that way.

My point was just that in the current situation when there is a github mirror,
it would be good to make that more clear to avoid confusion.
Another way to avoid confusion would be to remove the code from github (that
would be fine as I see it but of course there will be different opinions about
that).

> Github is free for public repos.

That depends on what you mean by "free". It could be argued that there is a
cost in terms of control over the project and being able to do what you want
in the future. Moving something to github means partly giving up control.

Best regards,
Elias