Consider the case where a subnet spans a distributed bridge group with an
anycast gateway configured.  Each proxy has the identical ip/mac
configured.  The src-address is the address of the device originating the
proxy request.  It would be my guess that the clixon command is looking up
the src-address of the eth0 for you as a convenience.
There is an h2cvpp yang model here:  [0].

[0]
https://github.com/FDio/hc2vpp/blob/master/dhcp/dhcp-api/src/main/yang/dhcp%402018-06-29.yang