Hi Rajith,

> The problem seems to be due to external libraries that we have linked with
> VPP. These external libraries have not been compiled with ASAN.
> I could see that when those external libraries were suppressed through the
> MyASAN.supp file, VPP started running with ASAN enabled.

This is surprising because the default policy of ASan is to allow access to any
memory by default - IOW ASan will not detect access memory errors *unless* this
memory address was *explicitly* marked as unaccessible. ASan interpose malloc()
etc. symbols so libc allocations are automatically marked as
accessible/unaccessible by the ASan runtime, and VPP does the same for its own
memory allocator.
Of course there might still be false positive but in my experience they are
usually rare.

Best
ben