[Edited Message Follows]

Subject:
#vpp #dpdk
Flow API questions/Hierarchical Queuing feature support

Hi,

I have a question about Flow API.
test flow [add|del|enable|disable] [index ] "
       "[src-ip <ip-addr/mask>] [dst-ip <ip-addr/mask>] "
       "[ip6-src-ip <ip-addr/mask>] [ip6-dst-ip <ip-addr/mask>] "
       "[src-port <port/mask>] [dst-port <port/mask>] "
       "[proto ] "
       "[gtpc teid ] [gtpu teid ] [vxlan ] "
       "[session id ] [spi ]"
       "[next-node ] [mark ] [buffer-advance ] "
       "[redirect-to-queue ] [drop] "
       "[rss function ] [rss types ]" ,

It was mentioned that Flow action can be mark. Is the mark-id is an opaque
field in the meta buffer field of the packet buffer. I am trying to see if the
mark id can be preserved until the packet is reached the output interface.
Does the Flow API expect support from hardware for flow classification?  Is
there any trace function or log where I can see this field set ?

Also, it looks Hierarchical Queuing support is not enabled in the latest
release. Any plans to support it again in the future?   I would like to know an
example command on how to set the pktfield for hierarchical queuing.  It's not
clear from the documentation how to set it based on packet fields like src-ip,
dst-ip, src-port, dst-port and proto. Do I need to mention mask value for it?

When does the pktfield is set. When the packet arrived on the interface or
before Queuing the packet

The command below is used to set the packet fields required for classifying the
incoming packet. As a result of the classification process, packet field
information will be mapped to 5 tuples (subport, pipe, traffic class, pipe,
color) and stored in packet mbuf.

set dpdk interface hqos pktfield  id subport|pipe|tc offset
   mask

Regards,
Satish K Amara