Hello,

I am trying to debug the VPP code using gdb but when I am examining or printing
variables most of them are <optimized out>.

I've built vpp with -O0 flags. I am using a vagrant vm as a building
environment and my build process is as follows:

make TAG=vpp_debug install-dep
make TAG=vpp_debug pkg-deb

TAG=vpp_debug does not seem to be appropriate here, so I manually replaced -O2
entries with -O0 in build-data/platforms/vpp.mk
Then I send and install the newly created .deb files to my device running vpp
and start to debug locally using gdb's attach command.

Running "make pkg-deb" shows this output regarding flags:

C flags             : -Wno-address-of-packed-member -march=corei7
-mtune=corei7-avx -O0 -g -DFORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -fPIC -Wall
-Werror -fno-common
Linker flags        : -O0 -g -DFORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -fPIC -Wall
-Werror -fno-common -pie

But variable values are still <optimized out>.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Ivaylo