Hi Petr,

I don't think it is related to patch 31122, this seems to happen whether
you are using that patch or not. Both ip4-icmp-echo-request and
ip6-icmp-echo-request set outbound echo replies to have a TTL/hop-limit of
64. The IPv4 node sets the VNET_BUFFER_F_LOCALLY_ORIGINATED flag on the
packets it sends but the IPv6 node neglects to do this. Setting that flag
will prevent a rewrite node from decrementing the TTL/hop-limit later on.

Here's a patch which sets the flag for outbound IPv6 echo replies -
https://gerrit.fd.io/r/c/vpp/+/34040. Can you please test it and report
whether it solves the problem?

Thanks,
-Matt