Greetings,

Let me preface this by saying that I really do not know much about the CMake
utility. But I am trying to see if there is a way to make the DPDK libs
accessible to other plugins (aside from the dpdk plugin) that are in their
own project/subdirectory similar. I am working with v20.05 currently
(although we are upgrading to 21.06 if that make a difference).

Initially it was suggested to me that I could just add a couple lines to my
CMakeLists to link the dpdk_plugin.so to my own plugin.. but I have not been
able to get this to work.. It never seems to recognize the path to the .so,
even if I give the absolute path

set(DPDK_PLUGIN_LINK_FLAGS "${DPDK_PLUGIN_LINK_FLAGS} -L <dir to vpp
plugins> -ldpdk_plugin.so")

add_vpp_plugin(my_plugin

..

  LINK_FLAGS

  "${ DPDK_PLUGIN_LINK_FLAGS }"

Another approach suggested was to maybe use dlsym to dynamically load
symbols. Anyway, I was thinking that someone has to have had done this
before, or maybe have more of a clue as to how to do this then I currently
do.