Hi Jie,

Inline.

> On Dec 27, 2021, at 7:27 PM, Jie Deng <deng...@webray.com.cn> wrote:
>
> Hi Florin,
>
> Sorry, I don't describe the CPU model comprehensively. The CPU model I use is
> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz, There are two such CPUs in my
> device, So it's 24 cores.

Ah, okay. Nonetheless, it’s a Haswell.
> can CPS go even higher, in spite of the CLI issues?
> Yes,however, when the CPS is increased to more than 50K, there will be
> another problem, that is, there is not enough local port, As shown in the
> following log:
> Dec 28 10:54:52 ubuntu vnet[9489]: message repeated 71784 times: [
> session_mq_connect_one:195: connect returned: no lcl port]

Yup, that’s expected if all the active opens are done to only one IP. If you’re
running the server on the same host as the proxy, maybe try to use cut-through
sessions (attach the server to the same vpp).

> We are adding virtual IP through cli TCP SRC address to solve this problem,
> but there are also some problems with this cli.

Anything beyond Mercury’s last patch?

> could you try changing max_connects in session_mq_handle_connects_rpc to
> something like 64? does it change anything?
> This can't change anything.

That probably means the issue is related to the fact that the connect logic
spends more time trying to find a free port. So the best solution is to just
rely on the cli above to avoid port collisions.