From: vpp-dev@lists.fd.io <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io> On Behalf Of René Weiss
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 12:47 PM
To: vpp-dev <vpp-dev@lists.fd.io>
Subject: [vpp-dev] linux-cp + nat44 possible?

Hi

Is it possible to use linux-cp and nat44 together?

I'm currently playing with VPP to see if I would be able to use it on my Linux home gateway (mostly as an iptables/nftables replacement).

And because there I have an external and (at least) one internal interface I tried (unsuccessfully) to replicate that with VPP.

I was able to create a basic NAT setup based on "VPP_Home_Gateway" from the wiki where you get a single "lstack" interface in Linux.

Likewise, I also was able to pass VPP interfaces to Linux with "lcp create <VPP-interface> host-if <Linux-interface>".

But as soon as I try to combine the two (setup nat44 while using the forwarded interfaces) the external interface stops working for the Linux on the machine.

Is this something that simply will not work with VPP, or have I just not found the right settings yet?

Thanks,
René