Hi Vijay,

> On Mar 15, 2022, at 9:58 PM, Vijay Kumar <vjkumar2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi florin,
>
> Thanks a lot for helping me out. I will try your patch and update you with
> the result.

Thanks!

> A general observation
> ======================
> In my setup, I think the SYN pkt is dropped much before the SYNS_RCVD counter
> is incremented.

That’s what I’d expect as well.

> I have seen a lot of changes b/w 20.05 and 21.06 code, like in the graph node
> tcp46_listen_inline() of VPP 20.05 the SYN  pkt trace function is called
> towards the end i.e. after calling tcp_send_synack() but in 21.06 code, the
> tcp46_listen_trace_frame() is called at the very beginning of
> tcp46_listen_inline() graph node.
>
> I think moving the pkt trace macro to the end of the function is good
> (placing it close to the line that calls tcp_send_synack), otherwise it can
> mislead us and will not help debugging.

Most of the changes were code refactoring/cleanup and buffer handling
optimizations, not protocol related. TCP tracing, at least as it is now,
doesn’t provide info about the errors hit, instead it reports the connections
hit and the reporting of errors is done through node and session counters (see
show session verbose 2). Obviously that didn’t work properly for the listen
node.