Hi Stanislav,

The api is marked as “Production” so the behavior of checkstyle is there to
protect the users (as for the duplication - it is a choice to do it once in VPP
or in each and every downstream consumer). As for the pure code exercise - I
just did it for the sake of a test, took a grand total of 15 minutes to add the
new message versions. Hardly a massive deal. (We could probably improve tooling
on the lifecycle management of these, though)

That said - for this specific case - is the presence of the “namespace” member
in a structure within the api a showstopper for you - that is, does it cause a
compilation failure of some sort  ? If so - one option is to mark the APIs as
experimental and then change it in-place. It is up to component owners to
decide the policy.

--a