An LF account should suffice. Could you confirm your lf credentials work here
[1]?

And, in case you haven’t seen this already, here are the steps to get you
started on pushing the patch, once the above is solved [2].

[1] https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/
<https://identity.linuxfoundation.org/>
[2]
https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Pulling,_Building,_Running,_Hacking_and_Pushing_VPP_Code#Pulling_code_via_ssh