Hi,

I recently started to try to use MLX MT27520 ConnectX-3 Pro cards (2x40Gbps) with VPP. The card itself should be supported in DPDK with the mlx4 PMD, but I had to add a small patch to vpp-dpdk to allow 1007 as device ID.

Besides that, I'm not able to start VPP because it crashes with "vlib_register_node:383: more than one node named `FiftySixGigabitEthernet7/0/0-tx'".

I've checked the Bus info for this card and it seems that both ports are mapped to the same PCI Function.

------------%<------------
# lshw -c network -numeric -businfo
Bus info          Device     Class          Description
pci@0000:07:00.0 ens2 network MT27520 Family [ConnectX-3 Pro] [15B3:1007]
pci@0000:07:00.0  ens2d1     network        Ethernet interface

I haven't been able to find out if there's a way to "hack" the 2nd port to another PCI Function with mlxlink, but it seems that these cards are too old for mlxlink.

Has anyone faced a similar or the same issue and found a solution for that?

For those who ask: I'm running VPP 23.02-rc2~0-gbe1b84421.

Cheers,
Tom