Hi  Stanislav,

I debug it further. Here are the steps

1> In my config I am creating a veth interface in kernel
2>  for that interface I am creating a hostif interface using "create
host-interface name <NAME>"
3>  This intern create 4 fds in "show unix files"
4>
[image: image.png]

5> I think this 59 fd is fd of af_packet socket for hostif. Correct me if I
am wrong.
6> but I don't see any inode entry for it in /proc/<PID>/fd
7> So according to my understanding for other tap creation it tries to take
59 as free fd and allocate
8> that  happens to be in bvi tap interface creation
9> and that causes traffic flow issues.

Do you see its a valid analysis? Please provide your comments and let me
know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Pragya