Hi,

We are using dpdk vmxnet3 driver for our use case. We are getting below
errors in show hardware interfaces .

rx q0 rx buf alloc failure                     8846166

rx q1 rx buf alloc failure                     6245832

Whenever we check “show dpdk buffers” , we see very few mbuf are free.

While “show buffers “ show maximum vlbib_buffers are free.

Based on the code we understand that VPP manages the vlib_buffers which are
mapped to mbuf and allocates almost all mbufs from mempool.Is my
understanding right ?

Is it the reason we are getting this problem. Can anybody please suggest.

Thanks,

Sunil