Hello VPP experts,

We have been using VPP for NAT44 for a while, which has worked great.
We contributed some fixes a couple of years ago and have been using VPP
without issues since then.

Now we are considering the possibility of using VPP for a different
usecase as well, related to "broadband network gateway" (BNG)
functionality.
This would involve traffic shaping, something like buffering packets
for each user/subscriber when the rate of traffic reaches a certain
limit, allowing different limits for different users.
There would need to be a separate buffer for each user and some
counters to keep track of the current rate of traffic for each user.

Questions related to this:

- is there some already existing traffic shaping functionality in VPP
that could be used for this?

- otherwise, if we were to implement such functionality, would you say
it is feasible to do as a VPP plugin and do you have advice on how to
do it?

- are others on this list also interested in this, or even someone
already working on something like this?

I would also be interested in any other comments or thoughts you may
have about this.

Best regards,
Elias