Hello VPP community,

I want to check whether anyone has tested or is using the following setup.
On the hypervisor, I am running *OVS-DPDK* and have configured an
dpdkvhostuserclient interface connecting to a vhost-user socket at path <X>.
Inside a container, I am running *VPP with DPDK* and have configured the
corresponding virtio-user interface in startup.conf as follows:
dpdk
{
  vdev net_virtio_user22,path=<X>,server=1,queues=1,in_order=0
}

The intention is therefore to have *OVS-DPDK as the vhost-user client*
and *VPP/DPDK
virtio-user as the server*.
I was able to bring up this configuration, but traffic does not appear to
pass successfully.
What I observe is:

   - On VPP, the Tx counters increase, but I do not see successful Tx/Rx
   traffic.
   - On OVS-DPDK, I see Tx failures.
   - The vhost-user connection itself appears to be established.

Has anyone tested this combination?
Specifically, I would like to understand:

   1. Is *OVS-DPDK **dpdkvhostuserclient** ↔ VPP DPDK **net_virtio_user**
   with **server=1* a supported/valid configuration?
   2. Are there any known limitations regarding virtio/vhost feature
   negotiation between OVS-DPDK and VPP in this setup?
   3. Are there any additional VPP/DPDK parameters or OVS settings required
   for this combination?

Any pointers or examples of a similar setup would be greatly appreciated.

Versions used:
OVS : 3.7.1

DPDK version used in OVS: 25.11.2

VPP : 26.06-release

VPP DPDK : 25.11.3

#VPP-DPDK #DPDK #VHOST

-- 
Regards,
Bharath


-- 
Regards,
Bharath
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
View/Reply Online (#27224): https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/message/27224
Mute This Topic: https://lists.fd.io/mt/121523607/21656
Group Owner: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.fd.io/g/vpp-dev/leave/14379924/21656/631435203/xyzzy 
[[email protected]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Reply via email to