Len writes:
> A producer at this critical time of the medium
> is also the one who should be growing the
> community skill base.

Yes, agreed 100%.  The number of people who have been part of using
this medium can currently be counted on the fingers of one hand
(in binary, of course -- I figure there are about 32 of us).   :-)

> In the long
> run, it wasn't necessary because we had
> some consummately skilled and mature
> contributors.

We were *very* lucky in the case of Dream.  The 3D artists,
musicians and actors were all experienced and talented people
who brought their skills to the table.

The area where we had the greatest difficulty was in the puppeteering,
which was completely new to everyone.  The people who were involved on
that end did the best they could under the circumstances, but I think
both Stephen and myself underestimated the learning curve involved.

--
   Bernie Roehl
   University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering