Way back in April, Bob sent a pointer to a free mailing-list archiving
service.
I blithely ignored it 'til today.  Just took a look at it; it looks nicely
run,
though there's no guarantee that it'll continue past September.  Since I still
have no other useful archiving solution in place, I'm going to use this one
unless I hear any objections from list members by the evening of Monday
6/15 (evening in California, that is).  The location is
http://www.mail-archive.com/
All I would have to do is subscribe their archiver to our list; it would
then take care of everything for us.

This doesn't solve the issue of how to Webify the archives-so-far.
Unfortunately, the only form said archives exist in is my mailbox -- it
turns out that I failed to configure the list-management software to keep
all postings as I thought I'd done.  :(  Sorry.  I do have, together in one
mailbox, all 150 messages that've been posted to the list so far...

(I *could* do something like this: temporarily unsubscribe y'all, subscribe
the archiver, re-send all 150 messages (in order) so the archiver would get
'em, then resubscribe everyone.  Does that sound worth doing?)

Bob had also recommended using hypermail, but that runs on the list host
site; I suspect my ISP won't let me install that.  (But I've finally
dropped them a note asking about it, just to check.)

--jed, off to hear Chris Crawford speak

PS: while I'm perfectly happy to keep hosting this list, I feel I should
issue a reminder every now and then that I'd be willing to hand over list
hosting to anyone else who'd like to do it and has more/better list-admin
resources at their disposal...