Hello vrml-lit folks,

    I tried this in May, and didn't hear much, so I supposed it went
thru, but that this was a quiet group - now I see that the message
didn't go through, so I'll try again. I've been following all of this
the past couple weeks and am even more interested in seeing the Truman
Show than I was before. Below is my original message.

>From May 29:

    After a chat at the Mining Co, Miriam English pointed me to this
list - I hadn't heard of it before. The premise (Web3D as a narrative
medium) sounds wonderful, and I hope to be able to contribute and learn
as well. I do quite a bit of work in VRML, and have created a couple of
fairly well-known worlds ("Why we die" at
http://www.wolfenet.com/~yoame/raven , and the International Space
Station at http://www.msnbc.com/modules/station/iss.asp ). I have always
been interested in storytelling, in the importance of the story above
all else (the medium, the performers, the environment, etc.)

    I was a tour guide in Alaska for a number of years and was able to
learn and retell quite a few Native tales. The non-western structure and
amorphous entities that populate the stories of the Pacific Northwest
Native peoples make them intriguing and fun for me to hear and retell.
Right now I'm finishing up my second Raven story, "The Origin of Fire".

    It's good to know that this group exists, I look forward to hearing
from you all.

-Alan Taylor
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]