everyone, subscribed the mail archive, re-sent all the messages so far
(except one or two test messages), and then re-subscribed everyone.
Apologies if anyone tried to post while I was doing this, but I'm pretty
sure that the list would've sent me copies of any such attempted postings,
and I didn't get any.  At any rate, it should all be working fine now.

Unfortunately due to the mail system I'm using all of the re-sent postings
ended up adding "(by way of Jed Hartman)" to their From lines.  But at
least the From lines also retained their original contents; the "by way
of"s may be a bit annoying on the archive page, but you can ignore them and
still see who wrote what.

The archives are (or at least can be) sorted conveniently by thread.
There's a search engine attached to the page (though it doesn't seem to be
working right now).

Oh, and I didn't allow for network order-scrambling in the first 30 or so
messages; the archives didn't receive those in quite the right order.  Oh,
well.
I think everything after those is more or less in the order in which they
were originally sent.

Let me know if there are any problems...

--jed