Miriam English wrote:

> Hi Niclas,
>
> There is a tool for developing non-linear html stories. You might be
> interested in the photos of the interface on the web page describing it. It
> is a bit expensive...
>
> Eastgate Systems StorySpace
>         http://www.Eastgate.com/Storyspace.html

If you will excuse the uninvited post  (I've been lurking for a while), I've
got a player for the 'numbered paragraph' type stories available for free
download.  It's fairly flexible, but has lots of things missing (like inventory
and combat).  It's advantage over a pure HTML approach is that it can preserve
values (visible and hidden) between scenes, allowing earlier actions to
influence later scenes without the need to duplicate the path between them.

For screen shots and download see:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/2260/explore/expweb.html

(Although Geocities doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment.)

It's written in Java.  The scenes are in separate text files, so the editing is
a bit of a pain...

Mik