I just wanted to confirm this on the list, let me know if the following statement isn't true. (I think that if true, this is something that should be well documented somewhere):

There is no way to accurately account for a context's memory utilization. The values reported by vserver-stat and in /proc/virtual/*/limit are the sum of VM/VML/RSS for each individual process, and it does not account for the fact that these processes could be referencing same pages in memory, which they usually do after a fork(). So the more fork()s, the more skewed the counters are.

Also, there is no simple way to overcome this limitation without significantly changing the code that deals with memory management.

Grisha