<skip / >
> > does ntpd start on this kernel in xid=0, that is, _not_ in virtual
> > context?
>
> yes the ntp is running in the "main" context....
>
> > I'm not sure, but If it doesn't, see "capabilities" module or like that --
> > "realtime" etc, depends on the kernel configuration.
>
> hmm - so I think I have to mod the sources as I cant find appropriate
> kernel config params...
<skip />

So, that's not, what I think... I encountered the same problem, but on the
"normal" kernels 2.6.8/9/10. The solve was to 'modprobe capabilities' or
'modprobe realtime'. But if ntpd runs in the "main" context, I think, it is not
the same case. Maybe, you've to look around capabilities(7) to get appropriate
CAP_* in the context?

--
Peter V. Saveliev