[EMAIL PROTECTED] ("lukas.rueegg [pixworx multimedia]") writes:

>>   c) using the cleanup feature we added to the kernel
>>      (please discuss this with Enrico)
> enrico, we read your talk with sam and others in november '04 but didn't
> get any hints about the current status. is there any way of cleaning up
> a new namespace in the pre-start-script or generally for all namespaces
> available?
>
> at the moment, we are playing around with the pre-start-scripts, until
> now unsuccessfully...

atm, manual unmounting in the *pre-start script will be the best
choice. The architecture of the 'vserver' script does not allow
automatic cleanup. Perhaps I will add some logic datermining and
unmounting removable devices but this will be more a hack than a
clean solution.

I am thinking about a daemon doing the vserver startup; this daemon
could be started very early, lives in its own namespace and would not be
affected by changes in the main-namespace. But this daemon does not have
a big priority...

Enrico