Matvey Gladkikh wrote:

other packeges I compile myself with the help of checkinstall for stable
distro. guest vservers should be updated by apt-get.

get 2.6.12 kernel-sources from sid
get patch vserver 2.6.12
cd /usr/src/2.6.12sources/
patch -p1 < ./patch*
make oldconfig
make menuconfig (to enable some options)
make-kpkg --initrd kernel-image
dpkg -i ../kernel-image*.deb

You're going to fast for me; as far as I can see, sid does not provide the 2.6.12 kernel-sources: http://packages.debian.org/unstable/allpackages Would this be ok as well: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.4.tar.bz2 ?

This is exactly where it goes wrong with me ... I think I miss some basic experience to make a sane decision in these cases (right now I think there is no important difference between the two sources).

Whichone will it be?

Regards,

Vincent Pluk
eMAXX, Netherlands