On Sunday 02 October 2005 09:38 am, Christian Heim wrote:
> On Sunday 02 October 2005 15:15, Chuck wrote:
> > <snip>
> >
> > i need reliability more than 'bleeding edge' however i do need things like
> > exec inside a guest from host and abilities to flag various hosts to
> > autostart and things like that. we have no 64 bit guests or hosts so ...
>
> "exec" as in vserver ${name} exec ?! Well that is simple, and is covered by
> default installation (even the stage3-tarball covers this).
>
> What do you mean with "flag" ?! Some sort of depends between different
> guests ?

wrong terminology im sure :) the ability to set mark files and their contents.

where can i find the differences between the 2 base layouts? i am getting
ready to install them into the guests that are running now.. even tho these
are  'production' they are also my 'proving ground' so once i start on the
big machine i will not have these kinds of things to mess with and can just
install certain versions of everything and be done with them :)

--

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book