I've spent several hours ( fighting? ) to get the Vserver utils installed and working on a CentOS 4.2 clean install. Getting the kernel built was easy. (Only took four tries with three being typos on my part. )

Util_vserver is a whole different issue. After a couple of snafus on my part I succeded in getting it to compile, check, and install but not work when I tried to build an initial guest.

Somewhere along the line there appears to be a bit of cruft from a previous failed install. The vserver script keeps coming back that it can't find vshelper in /usr/local/bin/ ( or was it /usr/local/sbin/ -- several days ago that I last tried ).

Where does vshelper get created? During hte kernel build or is it part of util_vserver?

A 'make uninstall' doesn't seem to get all the stuff so I've been trying to eliminate is by guessing what all of the files are.

So my request for a RPM or repository.

In the mean time I'll try to beat it into submission!

Rod