Is there a way to turn up the verbosity when using vyum?

Looking in /usr/sbin/vyum and /usr/lib/util-vserver/vyum-worker I don't see anything to turn the verbosity level up.

Specifically I'll looking for a method keep a ssh connection from timing out when it takes a __looonnng__ time to pull info and the RPMs from the repositories.

An alternative would be to use a local repository. Not sure how to do this. Since vyum doesn't like the version of yum I'm having a tough time figuring out where it is getting yum-hack.conf from.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Rod