Corey Wright wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:53:51 -0700
"Roderick A. Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a neat trick to un-hashify a guest?

find / -type f \
| while read FILE; do
    cp -av ${FILE} ${FILE}.remove-hashification
    rm ${FILE}
    mv ${FILE}.remove-hashification ${FILE}
  done

that's just an example, but should convey the idea well enough.

I figured based on some posts from a _long_ time ago it would be copy operation but this is very neat.

Will this work from both inside and outside the guest? It a filesystem thing being exploited ( utilized probably sounds better ) by Linux-Vserver?

It would probably help me understand better what vhashify is doing ... without going through the code.

http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200605/0098.html

I remember reading this post. Probably stored it some place and have now forgotten where.

http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200605/0228.html

I seem to remember this one also.

Thanks,
Rod