On Sat, 2006-09-23 at 18:40 +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> c) why would you want to add CAP_SYS_ADMIN to a guest?

Taking 'you' in the sense of 'anyone', I would say for NFS.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so can I refer you to one started by
Wilhelm Meier on 13th Sep entitled 'How do I nfs-mount inside a
vserver?', and which has gone quiet without being resolved. I have never
been able to get NFS to work without using CAP_SYS_ADMIN, even after
upgrading to 2.6.17.11-vs2.0.2/0.30.210, and was on the point of raising
the matter when that thread appeared. I too would like to know the
circumstances under which NFS mounting can be achieved without resorting
to CAP_SYS_ADMIN.

Jim