On Monday 02 October 2006 18:59, Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Chuck wrote:
> > any idea where to look? evidently something isnt exiting cleanly in the
guest
> > but my serial monitor stops showing anything at Starting killall:  [
OK  ]
> > i suspect its something in the halt script? it stopped ok till my tech
decided
> > to run yum update on it! that itself isnt bad, but to make things worse he
> > promptly 'cleaned up' by removing all the rpmsave files!  so i had to
re-edit
> > everything and think i may have missed something. needless to say he is no
> > longer allowed to touch the servers.
> >
> > valkyrie 0 # vserver cntos64-webmin-tmpl stop
> > A timeout occured while waiting for the vserver to finish and it will
> > be killed by sending a SIGKILL signal. The following process list
> > might be useful for finding out the reason of this behavior:

> > * CentOS64 template Stopped
>
> Is this fully reproducible, i.e. do you get it every time you try to
> stop that particular guest? If so, would it be possible for you to stop
> by the IRC channel (#vserver at irc.oftc.net) some time tomorrow (Oct
> 3rd, I'll probably be around after 11 AM UTC) for some more interactive
> debugging?

it is every time.. ill try.. i have a huge workload at the moment
with 'immediate' requests from the boss.. if i can get those cleaned up i
will have time otherwise it will have to be another day. but yes i would like
to get this working properly... its not affecting anything other than my
sanity at seeing an error :) and taking probably a bit longer due to timeout
than normal. to be honest, once i get the template into production guests,
they may only get shut down once a year if that so its not a huge issue other
than me wanting it perfect.  if i can get thru this workload tonight, ill be
there otherwise, ill let you know or just show up if you are usually there
after that time on a day when i can.

> --
> Daniel Hokka Zakrisson
> GPG id: 06723412
> GPG fingerprint: A455 4DF3 990A 431F FECA  7947 6136 DDA2 0672 3412

Chuck

"...and the hordes of M$*ft users descended upon me in their anger,
and asked 'Why do you not get the viruses or the BlueScreensOfDeath
or insecure system troubles and slowness or pay through the nose
for an OS as *we* do?!!', and I answered...'I use Linux'. "
The Book of John, chapter 1, page 1, and end of book